The Bruins will look for their third straight win tonight when they visit the Vancouver Canucks at GM Place. Tim Thomas and the Boston Bruins were able to shutout the Oilers last night 1-0 in Edmonton. The B's hope that they can carry the momentum from last night's win with them to Vancouver. The Canucks have not lost yet on home ice (2-0).
Just who are these Canucks you speak of?
Vancouver Canucks 4-4-0; 8 pts (5th in Northwest)
Leading Goal Scorers
4 Players with 3 Goals
Roberto Luongo 7 GP 4-3-0 3.29 GAA .889 Sv%
Curtis Sanford 2 GP 0-1-0 3.76 GAA .878 Sv%
Guys Who Like to Drop the Gloves
The Canucks have 11 fighting majors on the year from 9 different players. The Bruins have only had 2 fights this year, both involving Shawn Thornton.
New England Connections
- Jason Krog played for UNH
- Roberto Luongo played with the Lowell Lock Monsters
- Curtis Sanford played parts of 5 seasons with the Worcester Ice Cats
- Shane O'Brien played for the Portland Pirates
- Steve Bernier played 10 games with the Worcester Sharks in '06-'07
- Chuck Kobasew is from Vancouver
- Milan Lucic grew up in the Vancouver area and played junior hockey for the Vancouver Giants
Sami Salo Doubtful (Groin)
Pavol Demitra I-R (Ribs)
Rick Rypien I-R (Illness)
Chuck Kobasew Out (Broken Ankle)
Despite being named team captain, Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo is not allowed to wear the captain's "C". According to NHL rules the "C" must be worn by a skater.
Things to look for tonight
- A lot of Milan Lucic jerseys inside GM Place
- With road games on back-to-back nights, will Claude Julien go with Manny Fernandez, who has more experience versus the Western Conference or stay with the red hot Tim Thomas?
- Will the Vancouver power play that went 4 for 6 on the man advantage last game against Edmonton be too much for the B's?
- Can the B's overcome the fatigue of playing back-to-back road games?
- How many times will Jack Edwards say "down the river"?
Today's obligatory embarrassing Canucks fan video:
Can someone tell me why this guy sounds like Kevin Costner trying to do a Boston accent in JFK? Is this really how people from Southern B.C. talk?