The B's skate into the World's Largest Horse Saddle (I assume) tonight to face the Calgary Flames. The Bruins are riding a 3 game winning streak and will look to extend it tonight versus Jarome Iginla and the Calgary Flames.
Just who are these Flames that you speak of?
Calgary Flames 5-3-1; 11 pts (2nd in Northwest)
Leading Goal Scorers
Jarome Iginla 6 Goals
Todd Bertuzzi 6 Goals
Mikka Kiprusoff 9 GP 5-3-1 2.99 GAA .897 Sv%
Guys Who Like to Drop the Gloves
Brandon Prust 32 PIMs 4 Fighting Majors
Jarome Iginla 14 PIMs 2 Fighting Majors
Matthew Lombardi: Doubtful (Upper Body)
Rhett Warrener: I-R (Shoulder)
Calgary Flames Trivia
According to the always reliable Wikipedia, Harvey the Hound was the NHL's first mascot.
Things to Look for Tonight:
- Mikka Kiprusoff has started all 9 of the Flames games this season and will get the start again tonight.
- I would be very surprised if we didn't see Tim Thomas get the start in the Boston net.
- The Flames are currently on a 4 game winning streak.
- Can the B's shutdown Iginla?
- Todd Bertuzzi has a shooting percentage of 28.6%. The B's will need to limit his shots on goals.
- The B's might get a few power play opportunities tonight. Calgary is 5th in the league in PIMs with 21.1 per game.
- The game is on at 9:00, which means you will have to DVR "The Office" Halloween episode.
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing YouTube Fan Video:
I think this kid might have a long lost brother living in the Edmonton area.