The Bruins and Thrashers are scheduled to face-off tonight at the Philips Arena in Atlanta at 7:00. This game looks like two teams heading in different directions. The Bruins enter tonight's game trying to snap a 3-game skid (0-1-2), while the surprising Thrashers are riding a 4-game win string (3-0-1).
Know Your Enemy
Atlanta Thrashers (10-6-1)
Head Coach: John Anderson
Leading Goal Scorers:
|2009 - Ilya Kovalchuk||12||6||18||3||8|
|2009 - Ondrej Pavelec||13||703||6||5||34||2.90||410||376||.917||1|
|2009 - Johan Hedberg||7||320||4||1||14||2.63||181||167||.923||0|
Pavel Kubina and Bryan Little are both game-time decisions. Goalie Kari Lehtonen has been on the shelf all season while recovering from back surgery. Boris Valabik is recovering from an ankle injury and is doing a conditioning stint in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves.
- Rumors are swirling about Marc Savard getting ready to sign a 7-year contract extension with the Bruins worth a reported $39 million.
- Atlanta's Zach Bogosian is leading NHL defensemen with 8 goals.
- Highly-touted rookie Evander Kane has 11 points (6-5-11) in his first 17 NHL games.
- Valabik's conditioning stint in the AHL means that we won't get to see a re-match of the towering Slovaks.
Of course Chara won't have to stick up for a poor, defenseless, stick-swinging, undersized forward this time. Watch the beginning of that video and focus on #81 (I am no longer referring to him by name). Valabik is roughing him up a bit (AKA doing his job), Kessel slashes him, and immediately skates away as Z comes in to bail him out.
- Game starts at 7:00. Public Skate (open thread) starts right here a half hour before puck drop.
- For more on the Thrashers, check out Bird Watchers Anonymous...and their creepy Jason the Peeping Tom logo.
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing Thrashers Fan YouTube Video