The Bruins' couldn't seem to get anything going offensively yet again tonight as Chris Osgood and the Detroit Red Wings shutout the B's 2-0.
Detroit scored on the power play with 5:39 left in the first period to open the scoring. Marco Sturm was sent off at 14:19 for a blatant hook. On the ensuing face-off, Henrik Zetterberg's shot from left circle just two seconds into the power play gave the Wings the 1-0 lead.
The Red Wings made it 2-0 3:22 later when Pavel Datsuyk skated right down the middle of the ice splitting the Bruins' defense and left a drop pass for Tomas Holmstrom, who beat a sprawling Tim Thomas.
- The Bruins continue to struggle on the power play. They went 0-3 tonight with the man advantage.
- Chris Osgood made 29 saves to record his 50th career shutout.
- Tim Thomas made 24 saves in the loss.
- The Bruins have scored 2 goals in their last 3 games.
- The Bruins return to action on Thursday night when they host the Montreal Canadiens.
- The B's had a lot of good chances tonight, but just didn't get the bounces.
- The last time that the Bruins suffered back-to-back shutouts was March of 2007 (7-0 to Rangerson 3/17/07; 1-0 to Canadiens on 3/20/07)