The Bruins are on Long Island to face the New York Islanders tonight. The Bruins are looking for revenge after a disappointing 4-1 loss to the Islanders back on November 16th. The B's enter tonight's game looking for their third straight win after two impressive victories over the Toronto Maple Leafs, while the Isles will try to stop a three game skid.
Know Your Enemy
New York Islanders (11-13-7)
Head Coach: Scott Gordon
Bruins record vs. Islanders this season: 1-1-0
|2009 - John Tavares||15||11||26||-1||6|
|2009 - Matt Moulson||14||9||23||5||16|
Projected Starting Goaltenders:
|2009 - Tim Thomas||17||1016||7||7||42||2.48||488||446||.914||3|
|2009 - Dwayne Roloson||18||1079||9||4||50||2.78||585||535||.915||0|
Boston Bruins Injuries
New York Islanders Injuries
- The Islanders have only played 11 games at home this season, but have looked relatively good in their own building (6-3-2).
- Bruins are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games.
- The Islanders and Bruins are both 18.3% on the power play this season.
- The B's now have the best penalty kill in the league with 86.4%.
- Byron Bitz and Dennis Wideman both skated in the morning skate.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Lighthouse Hockey
- Game starts at 7:00 and can be seen on NESN. Public Skate open tread starts at 6:30.
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing Islanders Fan YouTube Video