The Bruins play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at TD Garden. The Lightning enter tonight's game with a 10-7-8 record and find themselves in the middle of the pack in the Eastern Conference. The Bolts are led by sophomore sensation Steve Stamkos, who is averaging better than a point per game with 29 points (17-12-29) through the first 25 games.
Know Your Enemy
Tampa Bay Lightning (10-7-8)
Head Coach: Rick "It's not a hockey related issue. It's a football thing." Tocchet
Season Series: 1st of 4 meetings
Leading Goal Scorers:
|2009 - Steven Stamkos||17||12||29||3||14|
|2009 - Ryan Malone||15||8||23||8||18|
|2009 - Antero Niittymaki||13||771||6||3||28||2.18||408||380||.931||0|
|2009 - Mike Smith||13||764||4||4||41||3.22||382||341||.893||0|
Boston Bruins Injuries
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
Patrice Bergeron sat out Monday's practice after taking a shot to the leg, but is expected to play tonight.
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
- Adam Oates has been working as an assistant coach for the Lightning this season.
- Lightning defenseman Paul Ranger is currently on an indefinite leave of absence to deal with "personal matters".
- The Bruins will hold a press conference at approximately 11:15 am after the team finishes up with the morning skate to discuss Marc Savard's contract extension.
- Both teams have gone to overtime or a shootout 11 times this season. The Bruins are 6-5 in OT/SO games, while the Lightning are 3-8.
- The games starts at 7:00 and can be seen on NESN, Public Skate (open thread) starts right here a half hour before puck drop.
- For more on the Lightning, check out Raw Charge
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing Tampa Bay Fan YouTube Video
Since the Lightning don't really have fans, it was hard to find a video to post here. I guess I could have just posted Saw VI, but I decided to post a video of one of the most embarrassing sports fans on the planet: "The Happy Heckler". OK, so maybe he is a technically a Tampa Bay Rays fan, but I'm sure he has taken in a Bolts game or two.