The Bruins won't have much time to hang out with Mickey or any of their other favorite cartoon characters on this trip to California as the B's will play three games in the next four nights, with the Ducks, Sharks, and Kings all on the schedule. The banged-up B's start things off tonight when they face the red hot Anaheim Ducks. The Ducks are currently riding a 4-game win streak, while the Bruins enter tonight's game on a 2-game skid.
Know Your Enemy
Anaheim Ducks (20-19-7)
Head Coach: Randy Carlyle
Leading Goal Scorer:
|2009 - Bobby Ryan||20||16||36||2||24|
Projected Starting Goaltenders
|2009 - Tuukka Rask||18||1031||10||4||33||1.92||495||462||.933||2|
|2009 - Jonas Hiller||31||1765||16||12||80||2.72||979||899||.918||1|
Boston Bruins Injuries
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
- Tuukka Rask was the first goalie off the ice for the B's at the morning skate, which means he will probably get the nod in goal tonight.
- These two teams met once this season back on October 8th in Boston. The Ducks handed the B's an embarrassing 6-1 loss.
- Byron Bitz, Patrice Bergeron, and Mark Stuart all traveled with the team on the road trip. Bitz is expected to be back in the lineup tonight, while Stuart could see game action by the end of the trip. Bergeron is not expected to play during the West Coast swing but could be back in the lineup as early as Monday.
- Although Bitz is back in the lineup, those who were looking to see one of the most educated fights in NHL history will have to wait, as fellow Ivy Leaguer George Parros is on the shelf with a hand injury.
- The Ducks have been a very tough team to play against at the Honda Center (or Ponda Center as Ducks fans have started calling it). They have won 5 straight at home and are 8-0-2 in their last 10 home games.
- The Ducks are an amazing 25% on the power play during home games this year.
- The Ducks are really trying to shake that Disney image:
- For more on tonight's game (and the Conan O'Brien saga) check out the newest addition to SB Nation Hockey Anaheim Calling and for even more on tonight's game plus kick ass cartoons and nicknames like Battlestar Getzlaftica and the Sex Offender, check out Battle of California.
- Game starts at 10:00 ET and can be seen on NESN. The Public Skate (open thread) starts right here at 9:30.
Embarrassing Funny Classic Ducks Fan YouTube Video