After a 2-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday night, the Bruins are in Ottawa tonight to take on the Senators in another Northeast Division matchup.
The Senators are off to a 4-5-1 start and have been bit by the injury bug early. The Sens enter tonight's game riding a 2-game win streak after victories over the Phoneix Coyotes and Florida Panthers this week. The big news out of Ottawa is the return of Jason Spezza, who has been on the shelf with a groin injury since October 18th. According to Fluto Shinzawa, Spezza is expected to center the line of Peter Regin and Alex Kovalev.
The Bruins have their sights sent on their sixth win of the season and will send Tim Thomas to the net to start his sixth contest of the season. The veteran netminder is a perfect 5-0-0 on the young season with a save percentage of .981 and a GAA of 0.60.
7:00 PM ET
Scotiabank Place, Kanata, Ontario
Local TV: NESN
Canadian TV: CBC
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
SB Nation Senators Blog: Silver Seven
Get to Know the Ottawa Senators
Head Coach: Cory Clouston
Record: 4-5-1 (4th in Northeast, 12th in East)
G A P +/- PIM
2010 - Daniel Alfredsson
|2010 - Brian Elliott||7||383||4||3||21||3.29||211||190||.900||0|
|2010 - Pascal Leclaire||4||185||0||2||10||3.24||103||93||.903||0|
|2010 - Robin Lehner||2||34||0||0||0||0.00||10||10||1.000||0|
Boston Bruins Injuries
Ottawa Senators Injuries
Bruins Probable Lines
- The Bruins own the leagues best goals against average at 1.57 GAA (0.60 with Thomas in goal), 5-on-5 ratio (1.75), and penalty kill (92.3%).
- Both the Bruins and Senators are undefeated when scoring first.
- The Bruins are -120 favorites for tonight's game.
- Tonight is Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Night at Scotiabank Place. The Senators have donated 3,500 tickets to Canadian military members and their families.
- The game starts at 7:00. Public Skate open thread starts at 6:30.
- I highly recommend checking out Silver Seven for more on tonight's game from our friendly neighbors to the north.