The Bruins are back in The Hub after an exciting 7-4 comeback road victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night to take on the rival Montreal Canadiens in a Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day clash.
The Canadiens are off to a 9-5-1 start and currently sit 2 points up on the Bruins, but have played 3 more games than the Causeway Crew. Andrei Kostitsyn has led the way for the Habs offensively with 6 goals. Montreal made the decision to go with Carey Price as their #1 goaltender and shipped Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis in the off-season. Price is off to a fairly solid start with a 8-5-1 to along with a 2.28 GAA, a .918 save percentage, and 2 shutouts. Price (in the regular season) has had the Bruins' number posting a 9-2-2 record in 13 career satrts against the Black & Gold.
The Bruins did not hold a morning skate after a late flight home from Pittsburgh last night, so we will do not know who will be in net tonight. All signs point to Tuukka Rask due to the back-to-back games and busy schedule coming up for the B's.
- Ladies, it is safe to carry a purse to the game tonight. The Montreal Canadiens have traded Ryan O'Byrne to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for the rights to 18-year-old forward Michael Bournival.
- Rene Rancourt will sing the National Anthems tonight and really would you have it any other way? B's-Habs on Verteran's Day/Remembrance Day just screams Rene Rancourt. Fist pumps all around for that decision by the B's organization.
- In a bit of a surprise move the Canadiens named former BC Eagle Brian Gionta as captain this season. They do know that the "C" doesn't stand for "can't speak French" or "can't ride the roller coaster", right?
- Habs Eyes on The Prize is under new management, which means that they are actually writing about things that happened within the past 80 years. They are still writing a lot of fantastic historical pieces though, including this great post about members of the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens, who put hockey aside in the 1940's to join the war effort.
- Shawn Thornton was on Toucher & Rich on 98.5 The Sports Hub this morning:
- The game start at 7:00 with the Public Skate open thread getting underway at 6:30. NESN has the TV broadcast. 98.5 The Sports Hub has the radio call.