After an emotional and closely contested Game1 that saw the Buffalo Sabres edge the Boston Bruins 2-1 on Thursday night, the two teams will return to the ice at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY on Saturday afternoon (1:00 PM ET; NBC) for Game 2 of their best-of-seven Eastern Conference Quarterfinals series.
Probable Starting Goaltenders:
|2009 - Tuukka Rask||45||2562||22||12||84||1.97||1221||1137||.931||5|
|2009 - Ryan Miller||69||4047||41||18||150||2.22||2098||1948||.929||5|
Doubtful: Drew Stafford (concussion)
Out for Series: Jochen Hecht (finger)
Goal: Mark Recchi (PP)
Tuukka Rask (30 saves)
Goals: Thomas Vanek & Craig Rivet
Ryan Miller (38 saves)
Bruins' S#!& List
Patrick Kaleta....well for being Patrick Kaleta
Toni Lydman for his spear on Milan Lucic in Game 1
Tyler Myers for his elbow on Johnny Boychuk in Game 1
- Bruins assistant coach Craig Ramsay is expected to be back behind the bench for today's game after being taken to the hospital due to flu-like symptoms on Thursday.
- The Bruins will need to test Ryan Miller more and create more traffic in front.
- Tuukka Rask is 4-1-0 lifetime vs. Buffalo with a 1.43 GAA and a .954 save percentage.
- Ryan Miller is 16-5-6 lifetime vs. Boston with a 2.53 GAA and a .914 save percentage.
- The Bruins can't let the Sabres go up 2-0 and expect to move on to the next round.
- The B's lead the all-time play-off series with Buffalo 21-19
- The Bruins need to find a way to contain the Sabres speedy forwards. Matt Hunwick learned his lesson on Thursday when he over-committed and tried to pinch-in in the neutral on Derek Roy and Roy burned him with his speed.
- Today's game will air on NBC, so I will actually get to watch it on an actual TV.
- Hopefully, the officiating is a little more consistent than it was on Thursday night.
- For more on this series, check out Die By The Blade