BUFFALO, NY - APRIL 17: Michael Ryder #73 of the Boston Bruins scores Boston's third goal against Craig Rivet #52, Jason Pominville #29 and Ryan Miller #30 of the Buffalo Sabres as Vladimir Sobotka #60 and Andrew Ferrence #21 of the Bruins look on in Game Two of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at HSBC Arena on April 17, 2010 in Buffalo, New York. Boston won 5-3. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)
After a 5-3 road win over the Buffalo Sabres in Game 2 on Saturday afternoon, the Bruins will return home for Game 3 of their best-of-7 first round series on Monday night. The B's will likely give the nod to 20-year-old goaltending phenom Tuukka Rask, while Ryan Miller will undoubtedly get the start for the visiting Sabres. Buffalo will probably be without the services of leading goal scorer Thomas Vanek, who left Saturday's game with a left foot injury. Vanek is considered "doubtful" for tonight's contest.
Probable Starting Goaltenders:
|2009 - Tuukka Rask||45||2562||22||12||84||1.97||1221||1137||.931||5|
|2009 - Ryan Miller||69||4047||41||18||150||2.22||2098||1948||.929||5|
Doubtful: Drew Stafford (concussion) & Thomas Vanek (foot)
Out for Series: Jochen Hecht (finger)
Bruins Projected Lines & D-Pairs:
Goal: Mark Recchi (PP)
Tuukka Rask (30 saves)
Goals: Thomas Vanek & Craig Rivet
Ryan Miller (38 saves)
Tuukka Rask 26 saves
Ryan Miller 26 saves
- Most oddsmakers have the Bruins as -140 favorites in Game 3.
- The injury to Vanek has the potential to be a major momentum shift in this series.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald writes about Michael Ryder's performance in Game 2.
- Tonight's game will air on NESN and Versus (out of market) and CBC in Canada. The puck drops around 7:00 and the Public Skate open thread gets underway at 6:30.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Die By The Blade