BOSTON - APRIL 19: Tyler Myers #57 of the Buffalo Sabres shoves Patrice Bergeron #37 of the Boston Bruins in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on April 19, 2010 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
The Bruins and Sabres will continue their best-of-seven first round series tonight when they hit the ice at TD Garden for Game 4. The B's took a 2-1 series lead after a 2-1 victory over Buffalo on Marathon Monday. After Monday night's win, it seems like the Bruins have all the momentum in this series and they would love nothing more than to win on home ice to go up 3-1 before heading back to Western New York for Game 5 on Friday night. Meanwhile, Lindy Ruff's team will look to knot the series at 2 games a piece.
Probable Starting Goaltenders:
|Playoffs - Tuukka Rask||3||179
|Playoffs - Ryan Miller||3||179
Questionable: Matt Ellis (shoulder)
Doubtful: Thomas Vanek (foot)
Out for Series: Jochen Hecht (finger)
Bruins Projected Lines & D-Pairs:
Goal: Mark Recchi (PP)
Tuukka Rask (30 saves)
Goals: Thomas Vanek & Craig Rivet
Ryan Miller (38 saves)
Tuukka Rask 26 saves
Ryan Miller 26 saves
Tuukka Rask 32 saves
Goal: Mike Grier
Ryan Miller 27 saves
- The Sabres have decided to add a little muscle to their lineup. The Sabres have called up Cody McCormick from the Portland Pirates. The 6'3" 215 lb forward finished the year with 17 goals and 168 PIMs in 66 AHL games this season. McCormick had 11 AHL regular season fights this year, including this brawl against the Providence Bruins:
- The Sabres practiced at Ristuccia Arena on Tuesday. There has been no word on how they felt about the Bruins no-frills facility in Wilmington.
- Most money lines have the Bruins at -130 favorites.
- Mark Recchi is the only player on either team to score a power play goal in this series. The Bruins are 1 for 6 on the power play, while the Sabres are 0 for 12.
- Mark Recchi is the third oldest player to score an NHL playoff goal. Can you name the two older players? (answer after the jump).
- Game starts at 7:00 and will air on NESN, Versus (out of market), and CBC (up north). Public Skate (open thread) starts at 6:30.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Die By The Blade
Gordie Howe & Chris Chelios