BOSTON - APRIL 21: Zdeno Chara #33 of the Boston Bruins shoves Tyler Myers #57 of the Buffalo Sabres in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on April 21, 2010 in Boston, Massachusetts. The Bruins defeated the Sabres 3-2 in double overtime. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
The Bruins will try to wrap up their first round series with the Buffalo Sabres when they take the ice tonight at HSBC Arena. The Bruins extended the series lead to 3-1 after Miroslav Satan's goal in double overtime of Game 4 on Wednesday tonight in Boston. The Bruins found themselves down 2-0 in the third period, but were able to battle back and force overtime thanks to goals from David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron. The B's would like to get this series over with tonight, while the Sabres will need to play like a desperate team if they want to keep their season alive.
Probable Starting Goaltenders:
|Playoffs - Tuukka Rask||4||267
|Playoffs - Ryan Miller||4||266
Out for Series: Jochen Hecht (finger)
Bruins Projected Lines & D-Pairs:
Goal: Mark Recchi (PP)
Tuukka Rask (30 saves)
Ryan Miller (38 saves)
Tuukka Rask 26 saves
Ryan Miller 26 saves
Tuukka Rask 32 saves
Goal: Mike Grier
Ryan Miller 27 saves
Tuukka Rask 35 saves
Goal: Tim Kennedy & Steve Montador
Ryan Miller 36 saves
- Instead of taking accountability for his team after blowing a two goal lead in the third period, Buffalo Sabres Head Coach Lindy Ruff blamed the loss entirely on the officials. Note to Self: The key to keeping your job is to reflect blame on to others. I will have to remember that when I am up for a performance review at work.
- According to John Vogl of the Buffalo News, Thomas Vanek does not look ready to return to the lineup.
- The Sabres have scored first in all 4 games.
- The games starts at 7:00 and will air on NESN and CBC (north of the border). The Public Skate (open thread) gets underway at 6:30.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Die By The Blade