Making travel arrangements for a trip to Philadelphia was probably the last thing that Boston Bruins road services coordinator Johnny Bucyk wanted to do this week, but after a disappointing 4-0 loss in Game 5, Bear Force One is making another trip back to The City of Brotherly Love for Game 6 on Wednesday night. The B's will be looking to bounce back after back-to-back losses in Games 4 and 5 and try to finally wrap up the series after taking the first 3 games of the best-of-7 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
Probable Starting Goaltenders:
|Playoffs- Tuukka Rask||11
|Playoffs - Michael Leighton||1||36||0||0||0||0.00||14||14||1.000||1/2*|
*OK, so half shutout isn't an official stat, but I thought he deserved some sort of credit.
The Flyers will give journeyman goaltender Michael Leighton his first career playoff start in Game 6. Leighton, who just returned from an ankle injury himself, will be called upon to fill in for the injured Brian Boucher. Boucher left Game 5 in the second period after injuring both his knees when Flyers defenseman Ryan Parent fell awkwardly on the Philly netminder.
Boston Bruins Injuries
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
Probable Lines for the B's
Bruins lead Series 3-2
- There were no changes to the lines from Monday's game during Tuesday's practice for the Bruins.
- Adam McQuaid skated on his own under the watch of strength and conditioning coach John Whitesides before practice on Tuesday.
- Travis from Broad Street Hockey thinks the boys in black & golad are being too rough with his delicate
- Claude Giroux is expected to play tonight.
- Bobby Orr thinks Boston would be a great fit for his client Taylor Hall.
- Something's Bruin drops an angry rant on the B's after Game 5.
- Most oddmakers have the B's as +135 dogs for tonight's game.
- Don't forget tonight's game doesn't start until 8:00 and can be seen on NESN.
- The Public Skate open thread gets underway right here at 7:30.