The Bruins' third period comeback fell short as the Florida Panthers downed the B's 3-2 in an exhibition game in Rochester, NY on Thursday night.
I will not go too in-depth with this recap since I did not see the game. Here is what I gather happened tonight in Western New York.
- Steve Kampfer and Jeff LoVecchio were the goal scorers for the B's.
- Dennis Wideman scored a power play goal against his old team.
- David Booth had two goals for Florida.
- Nathan Horton did not play against his old 'mates tonight.
- These guys did play (lines according to Fluto Shinzawa):
- Nolan Schaefer was in net for the B's, while Tomas Vokoun and Tyler Plante split time for the Panthers. It is somewhat surprising that the same two goalies dressed again tonight. I wonder what the deal with Tim Thomas is? They seem to be giving him a lot of time off in camp. I wonder if he is as healed and ready to go as he claimed he was this summer.
- The Panthers and Bruins weren't lost trying to find Sunrise, FL, they played in Rochester, NY because it is the home of the Panthers AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans.
- There doesn't appear to be any legitimate stats recorded for this game other than goals, which if you ask me is a giant plate of garbage.
- Our Rochester area Sherpa, Phunwin is battling a mean case of the sniffles and was not able to attend the game tonight. Get well soon brother!
- The Bruins and Panthers will meet again on Saturday night in Boston. This one will air on NESN at 7:00 PM ET.