The Bruins will be looking for their third straight win when they take the ice at TD Garden tonight to face the Philadelphia Flyers. The B's are fresh off of Tuesday's 6-0 rout of the Ottawa Senators, while the Eastern Conference-leading Flyers are riding a 4-game win streak after a 5-2 win in Buffalo on Tuesday night.
The Flyers own the third most potent offense in the league, scoring at 3.36 goals per game clip. Philly has had the luxury of getting offensive production throughout their lineup as evidenced by the 8 players with double-digit goal totals. Danny Briere is the Flyers's leading goal scorer with 22 markers on the season.
Rookie Sergei Bobrovsky and Rhode Island native Brian Boucher have proven to be a solid tandem in net for Philly this year.
Both teams have a few injury concerns for this game. Milan Lucic (undisclosed injury) missed Tuesday's game against Ottawa with what is speculated to be an upper body injury. Lucic slammed his stick to the ice in pain and skated off the ice while grabbing his shoulder after taking a hit in Monday night's 4-2 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Mark Stuart remains out of the lineup with a broken finger. The Flyers will be without defensemen Chris Pronger (broken foot) and Matt Walker (hip surgery) and forward Ian Laperriere, who continues to deal with post-concussion syndrome and is expected to miss the entire season. Nikolay Zherdev has also been dealing with a groin issue.
Boston Bruins Injuries
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
- Claude Julien gave his team the day off on Wednesday after a 6-0 win over the Senators on Tuesday, so isn't much news coming out of the Bruins camp.
- Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli was on Toucher & Rich this morning...after a brief delay while Adolfo wrestled with a bag of Cheetos and let PC's call go unanswered. I'm guessing that Chiarelli's call don't go unanswered much these day now that he is giving players away.
- The Bruins are 1-0-1 in two games against the Flyer this season.
- Tonight's game starts at 7:00 PM ET and airs on NESN and 98.5 FM The Sports Hub.
- The Public Skate open thread gets underway a half hour before game time.
- For more on this game, check out Broad Street Hockey