SUNRISE FL - DECEMBER 27: Goaltender Scott Clemmensen #30 of the Florida Panthers stops a shot by Michael Ryder #73 of the Boston Bruins on December 27 2010 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise Florida. The Bruins defeated the Panthers 3-2 in a shoot-out. (Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images)
The Bruins are back in town to play host to the Florida Panthers at TD Garden tonight after a quick two-game road trip out West. The Bruins cap of the brief business trip with a 2-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Monday night. The Panthers will be playing back-to-back games after edging out the New York Rangers 4-3 on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden despite a lackluster third period that saw them only register one shot on goal (a fluky chip shot by Mike Weaver that was mishandled by Henrik Ludqvist that ended up in the back of the net for the game winner).
Florida currently sits in last place in the Southeast Division with a 22-21-5 record. Panthers fans will tell you that they are above .500, but last time I checked 22 wins and 26 losses is still below .500.
Panthers Player to Watch
Booth leads the Panthers in goals with 14. His 26 points rank third behind Stephen Weiss (33) and Mike Santorelli (27) for the team lead in points.
|2010 - Scott Clemmensen||16||839||5||5||34||2.43||431||397||.921||0|
Tuesday's game against the Rangers was Tomas Vokoun's first game back after missing Sunday's game at New Jersey with a groin injury. I would expect to see Scott Clemmensen between the pipes tonight for the Panthers.
Boston Bruins Injuries
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
Florida Panthers Injuries
- This is the Panthers's third stop on a six game road trip.
- The Bruins and Panthers have met three times this season. The B's have won all three contests (twice in regulation and once in a shootout).
- The Bruins have a rare Wednesday night home game. The Bruins have not played a Wednesday home game since December of 2009, when they oddly played three in the same month.
- Florida has struggled on the power play this season. Their 11.4% success rate is last in the NHL. That is a 88.6% failure rate, in case you are the glass half-empty type.
- The puck drops around 7:00 PM ET (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub).
- The Public Skate open thread gets crackin' at 6:30 PM ET.
- To see what Donny and his crew are saying about this game down in FLA, check out Litter Box Cats.