The Avalanche, who fell in embarrassing fashion on Peter Forsberg's number retirement night at the Pepsi Center on Saturday, are set to open the road half of their season against the Bruins today at the Garden. It's a lovely matinee game at 1PM, which sucks for Avs fans because...well, it's 11AM their time. Fail.
The Avs feature a slightly different looking lineup this year, with former Capitals goaltender Semyon Varlamov in net. On defense, since last we saw them, the Avalanche have acquired former first round pick Erik Johnson, as well as ex-Nashville D-man Shane O'Brien. Up front, the Avalanche have brought in this year's first round pick Gabriel Landeskog, as well as former Blues PKer Jay McClement and old friend Chuck Kobasew.
Mile High Hockey
- The Avalanche opened at home against Detroit on Saturday and lost 3-0
- The Avs will continue on a five-game northeast road trip after this game
- Due to the way the last two seasons were structured, the Bruins and Avs did not play each other at all in calendar year 2010.
- The Avs and Bruins have already played in 2011, a win at the Pepsi Center by the Bruins.
- Tuukka Rask is slated to start in goal this afternoon
- Matt Bartkowski and Jordan Caron should be the healthy scratches for Boston today, while Matt Hunwick, Joakim Lindstrom, and Kevin Porter will probably sit for the Avs