Jumbo Joe Thornton and the San Jose Sharks arrive in Boston for an East coast West coast battle with the Boston Bruins tonight at the TD Garden. The Sharks are coming off a come from behind shoot out victory against the New Jersey Devils last night while the Bruins seem to be trending upward after a drumming of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Much like the Bruins the Sharks seem to be stumbling out of the gate in a strong Pacific division. Despite having the 7th best powerplay in the league the Sharks are 2-3-0 and are in last place in their division. Sharks captain, and former Bruin, Joe Thornton has only three points and is struggling despite his more than twenty minutes of average ice time. The Bruins look to keep him in check and get back to .500.
- Adam McQuaid is a game-time decision but doubtful for tonight.
- Torrey Mitchell (upper body injury. Doubtful.)
- The Bruins will be wearing their third jerseys tonight.
- Expect Steven Kampfer to make his second start as McQuaid is still doubtful.
- The Sharks have called up defenseman Justin Braun from Worcester, sending down forward Tommy Wingels.
- Martin Havlat should make his second start for the Sharks on the second line.
- The new look lines that Coach Claude Julien sent out against Toronto should remain together for tonight.
Daniel Pallie - Greg Campbell - Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara - Johnny Boychuck
Andrew Ference - Steven Kampfer
Martin Havlat - Logan Couture - Ryan Clowe
Benn Ferreiro - Michal Handzus - Torrey Mitchell
Colin White - Justin Braun
7 PM Eastern NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub