So after a ridiculously terrible loss in a huge game against USC in the first night game at Notre Dame Stadium in 20 years, I turned to the Bruins for some relief. No luck, a 4-2 loss against the Sharks with the game-winner coming midway through the third from Essex, Mass. native Benn Ferriero. Ferriero is also a BC grad, so once again BC and SC combined to make me miserable.
On a better note, how awesome is this picture of Tim Thomas? I think the caption is hilarious. The poor guy who wrote it is trying to explain what Thomas is doing without saying something like "Tim Thomas is a madman animal and this is him attacking Brad Winchester." Lots of love Tim.
- Adam McQuaid returned to practice Friday, so hopefully he'll be ready to go for Round 1 against theHabs on Thursday. [WEEI]
- Ferriero, in evil BC fashion, slashed Tyler Seguin near the end of the game on his right leg and Seguinlimped off. Seems like he's fine though, I guess trying to injure him won't stop him, either. [ESPN]
- Joe Thornton got a nice reception last night in his 1,001st game. Good, he deserves it, though it would benice if the Bruins beat the Sharks at the Garden once in a while. [ESPN]
- Maybe this is why Joe got the nice reception? Good on him, though I don't think he would've been too happy to see the Canucks win. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Newsflash: Bruins fans don't like Phil Kessel. [Globe]
- The Bruins signed a guy named Kevan Miller to an entry-level deal. He's headed to Providence. I'm stretching it with the Kevin Millar reference, but maybe they'll be doing shots ofJack before games now? [Projo]
- Leafs goalie James Reimer left the Leafs' 5-4 OT win over the Habs last night after a collision with BrianGionta, thus proving Smurfs are very, very dangerous. The Leafs hope it's just whiplash and he'll be fine. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The Panthers sent David Booth and Steven Reinprecht to Vancouver for Mikael Samuelsson andSturmface. The Sturmface hasn't been doing too well so far but hopefully the Florida sun will rejuvenatehim and we'll get to see some classic Sturmfaces. [Puck Daddy]
- Remember when the Bruins scored two goals in 1:28 on the road in Ottawa to tie the Sens at 3-3 andthen win in a shootout? The Sens did almost the same thing to Columbus last night, turning a 2-1 leadinto a 3-2 win in 31 seconds. [Puck Daddy]
- Sidney Crosby wants more contact in practice. I'm sure a bunch of beer-leaguers in Philly would be gladto help, or just make jokes about Crosby wanting contact. [NHL]
- Good news for the Habs, finally: Scott Gomez is out for a week. Bad news? It reminds them he exists. [TSN]
Anyone else already pumped for Thursday already?