Three more sleeps until the season opener! With all the excitement about our own team's plans for the pregame, it feels like everyone's forgotten that the Bruins have, you know, a legitimate team to play against on Thursday. How have the Flyers done this preseason? Will Sean Couturier be playing? How many people will be at TD Garden seeing Jaromir Jagr play live for the first time? (I will be one of them).
It's gonna be pretty cool.
After the jump, some more prospect love (what else is there to do on an off day?), one bubble player has definitely made the NHL team, and what will happen to Chris Clark?
- David Krejci had an awesome year last year, but can he build on that and become one of the NHL's premier centers? [Herald News]
- Here's a good look at Benoit Pouliot's potential, including how he's already having flashes of brilliance in the Bruins' system - and a look at how that differs from his role in the Canadiens' system. [Globe]
FourTWO! players are battling for the final forward spot. Congratulations are in order to Jordan Caron, who is not one of those two! [Herald]
- Chris Clark broke his nose battling for that roster spot, dammit, and he's not giving up now. [Globe]
- The Bruins assigned Lane MacDermid and Max Sauve to Providence this weekend. [SBNation]
- Speaking of Providence, Ryan Button talked about his twitter account on Friday and about what interacting with fans is like. [Something's Bruin]
- Alexander Khokhlachev is owning the OHL early, with an assist and an overtime GWG over the weekend. [Star]
- Shawn Thornton's life is hilarious; NESN is doing a five-part series on how he got to the NHL. Here's part 1: [NESN]
- The Bruins' training camp was pretty quiet this year. And that's ok. [Herald]
- All the Bruins prospects playing in the Canadian Hockey League are in the OHL; there are no prospects in the Q or the W. How are our OHL boys expected to fare this season on their respective teams? [Somethings Bruin]
- With so many players on the cusp, Daniel Paille is determined to keep his job - and is upping his compete level accordingly. [Gazette]
- Whoever created this site is brilliant: SHANABANS, documented in neat sortable chart form for your convenience. [Shanabans]
- Justin Bourne isn't writing for Puck Daddy anymore but if you like his writing, you can find him at his new Score blog, Backhand Shelf. [The Score]
- There are a lot of Stanley Cup droughts going on in this league. Will another one end this year, as it has the last two? [USA Today]
- Former University of Maine standout Gustav Nyquist is continuing his skilled play for the Detroit Red Wings in preseason, helping them to victory over the Penguins last night. [Detroit News]
- Sidney Crosby WILL miss the season opener. [USA Today]
- Ken Dryden speaks out against headshots. Pretty interesting stuff from the Hall of Famer. [Globe and Mail]
- Jagr's been awesome in preseason but can he continue on this pace? [Puck Daddy]
- The Capitals and Blackhawks squared off last night, and Troy Brouwer, who was traded to the former from the latter over the offseason, only wanted to hit Patrick Kane. Ha. [CSN Chicago]
- After a horrific injury to a young Oilers prospect over the weekend, players are speaking out against touch icing. [Gazette]