Second verse, same as the first for Marchand?
Today is media day, so there should be a flood and a half of Bruins news tomorrow. Exciting! The Bruins return to TD Garden to practice for the second-to-last day before the season opens, after returning from a 'team bonding' trip to Maine.
After the jump, a Shana-nonban video, Mike Milbury is crazy as usual, and an NHL team that lost to a European team?
- Brad Marchand is pretty eager to prove that last season was not a fluke. [Taunton Gazette]
- The Bruins headed to Great Diamond Island in Maine on Sunday where they took part in a team bonding exercise. It's something they've done for a few years now. [Hockey Journal]
- Zdeno Chara is really tall! Now that we've all been told the obvious, here's a mini profile on Chara as the league sees him. [USA Today]
- Would the Bruins have won the Cup under the current Shanahan watch? Mike Milbury wonders. [NESN]
- NHL News
- The Winnipeg Jets are chomping at the bit to get this thing going already. [Free Press]
- The Rangers lost to Swiss team Ev Zug last night in embarrassing fashion, 8-4. I wonder if losing Marc Staal is going to impact the Rangers more than initially thought? [Blueshirt Banter]
- Brendan Shanahan explains why he's NOT suspending Ryan Malone for a hit on Chris Campoli. [PHT]
- Here's a one-on-one with Alex Ovechkin, whose interviews are always an entertaining read. [CSN Washington]
- The Florida Panthers are sending Jonathan Huberdeau, their first round draft pick, back to juniors. [Herald]