Holy crap it's almost December, this is insanity!
All the Bruins do is win. 11-0-1 in their last 12, that is ridiculously fun. +28 goal differential and 1.69 5 on 5 goal ratio thingy? I'm no fancy statistician but dang, team, that hangover is so far gone, and it feels so nice. At the quarter mark of the season, the Bruins aren't quite in first place in the division but they have an opportunity to kick the Maple Leafs out of that spot on Wednesday, so get ready.
After the jump, my bff Bruce Boudreau loses his job, newly-hired Ken Hitchcock has the last laugh, and some other nonsense. Read on!
- Here are some rankings from the National Post! GUESS WHO'S #1. [Post]
- Despite "losing" to the Red Wings (lol skills competition), the Bruins stayed confident. [Berkshire Eagle]
- Cool piece on Chris Kelly being more than just a grinder. [THW]
- Benoit Pouliot is, in fact, useful! [Herald]
- And, to round out the praise of the 3rd line, here's a neat piece on Rich Peverley's rush that lead to a Kelly goal. Also, this line needs a nickname. [Herald]
- Bye-bye, Bruce. Hi, Dale! [Washington Post]
- Max Pacioretty, the saint of the Habs, has a discipline hearing for...elbowing Kris Letang in the face. Hmm. [Herald]
- Ken Hitchcock is laughing at the Blue Jackets while his new team is 7-1-2 in their last 10. [SBNation]
- So the Maple Leafs look pretty good I guess. [Washington Post]
- If you've been to Montreal, you may have been to MacLean's Pub. Here, a Bruins fan from McGill interviews the owner, and it's pretty great. [McGill Daily]
- Charles Wang is ruining the Islanders. [Puck Buddys]
- USA Hockey is responsible for the death of Osama bin Laden! Wait, what? [The Sleeping Giant]
- Two rookie swedes scored their first NHL goal this weekend. First: David Rundblad! [Chronicle Herald]
- And also Steven Kampfer's former teammate, Carl Hagelin of the Rangers. He even got to wear the broadway hat. [NY Post]