Good lord, Daniel Paille's face. The fourth-line winger is set to undergo surgery today, as we all know by now. It raises the question - with Rich Peverley still questionable (or is he?), who will fill Paille's slot? Will it be NHL veteran Chris Clark, or perennial disappointment Zach Hamill, or maybe even the recently-recovered Maxime Sauve? Or will the Bruins even need to make a callup?
After the jump, some stuff from the Bruins' off day, plus a headbutting incident, an awesome coaching debut, a tribute to two Lokomotiv players, and a bit of Barry Melrose...
- Paille faces surgery today. Any guesses as to how mangled his face wil be post-surgery? [USA Today]
- Barry Melrose talks Tyler Seguin vs. Taylor Hall, a topic that definitely hasn't been beaten to death yet, nope. [ESPN]
- The Bruins are rolling two top lines that can actually score...what a novelty! [Herald]
- The Stanley Cup is still kicking around...it'll be in Marlborough this week. [Wicked Local]
- The Bruins had a rest day yesterday and will be back to practice today before facing los Oilers tomorrow. [Globe]
- Ken Hitchcock's record with the Blues is perfect so far! Yes, it's only been one game, but it was a good one. [STL Today]
- The Blues and Hawks paid tribute to Pavol Demintra and Igor Korolev before yesterday's game. [Tribune]
- Michael Ryder scored twice last night and the Stars gave the Capitals their first loss of the season! I hope stars fans know about that YTMND...you know the one I'm talking about. [Dallas news]
- Chicago goaltender Ray Emery was very much affected by the loss of boxing legend Joe Frazier. [NHL]
- Apparently Nick Johnson "headbutted" Jarome Iginla last night? It's a very questionable headbutt. [PHT]
- Dammit, Brian McGrattan, you're supposed to be entirely hateable, you're not supposed to do hilarious things like making a Lionel Richie song the Predators' theme song after wins. ugh. [Tennessean]