A day before getting set to play the Bruins, the Los Angeles Kings fired their coach, Terry Murray. What does this make Claude, like, the fifth-longest tenured coach in the NHL? Who's been around longer than him? I think I can name about four guys.
Zach Hamill was called up last night and Gregory Campbell was seen in a walking boot yesterday, Daniel Paille is potentially still concussed and Zdeno Chara is out. Tonight's going to be a tough one, but games against the Kings are always fun to watch, so maybe it'll still work out.
- Who are the players that current Bruins fans most love to hate? Jesse Connolly breaks it down. [NEHJ]
- Brad Marchand was fined the league maximum, $2,500, for slew-footing Matt Niskanen. [NESN]
- Here's a video from toy shopping at Target yesterday. [NESN]
- And some photos from the Hockey Journal. [NEHJ]
- And even MORE photos from the Woburn Advocate. [Wicked Local]
- Zdeno Chara is feeling better than expected, thank goodness. [Globe]
- Here's an interesting feature piece on Joe Corvo's life. [Globe]
- Dougie Hamilton's game is rounding out nicely. [CBC]
- Terry Murray -- you're out. [LA Times]
- Chris Chelios, Keith Tkachuk were among the names inducted into the US Hockey Hall of Fame last night. [Post]
- So this NHL 36 thing sounds cool. Too bad they had to start with Patrick Kane. [NHL]
- The Devils and Ducks made a teeny trade yesterday. [NJ.com]
- ...And then the Devils pulled out a win. [In Lou We Trust]
- The Lightning put Antti Miettinen on waivers from Europe yesterday. [TBO]