Adam McQuaid's blatant knee-on-knee hit last night will probably warrant a visit from Brendan Shanahan today. That's pretty uncool, especially considering the Bruins can't really afford to lose another solid defenseman. Here's hoping that if he's suspended, Zdeno Chara will be well enough to play on Saturday. If McQuaid is suspended, his shot at stardom via 24/7 will be crushed, as he'll miss the one game against the Flyers! So sad.
In other news, a bunch of places reported that with that win, the Bruins are atop the conference. Not true. The Flyers have one game in hand over the Bruins. With a Flyers loss tonight to the Canadiens, the Bruins would THEN be in first place in the east. Sorry, it's nitpicky. I'm not sorry.
- Adam McQuaid's clean record should reduce his suspension at least a little. [NESN]
- The Bruins are really good at owning the Senators. [Globe and Mail]
- Tim Thomas has the Sens' number. He's now beaten them 21 times in his career. [Post]
- What should Bruins fans be thankful for in 2011? [THW]
- It's not easy winning without Chara, but the Bruins are managing. [Herald]
- Want to re-watch Patrice Bergeron make the Sens look silly again? Here you go. [PHT]
- This is just silly, but wow Darren Pang is short. Here he is interviewing Claude. [NHL]
- Shea Weber scores a goal from section 317. Yes, you heard that right. [Preds]
- This is really long but worth a read -- Lokomotiv & the team that vanished. [Sportsnet]
- Not a triple deke, but a five-tuple deke by Patrick Kane. WOW. [Puck Daddy]
- Dave Bolland called the Sedins 'sisters'. And then Vancouver responded equally as childishly. [Puck Daddy]
- More concussions. This one is out of Minnesota. Sucks. [Star Tribune]
- Who were the five biggest stars of 24/7? [PHT]
Did anyone watch 24/7 last night?