We discovered yesterday that Adam McQuaid did not get suspended for his knee-on-knee with Nick Foligno, instead being fined $2,500 for his actions. If that doesn't fuel some sort of Bruins comspiracy rumors, I'll be incredibly disappointed.
Moving right along.
The Bruins have their 24/7 cameo on Saturday when they play against the Pronger-less Philadelphia Flyers. Chris Pronger has been benched for the season with post-concussion issues. All feelings aside, it really sucks to see a player of his caliber sidelined with issues like these -- just like it sucked to see Marc Savard and David Perron and even Sidney Crosby go through it. Here's hoping it's not career ending.
- Day off for the Bruins yesterday after back-to-back wins without Zdeno Chara. Well-deserved. [Globe]
- Adam McQuaid gets off without a suspension. Muahaha. [Globe]
- The Bruins are teaming up with United Way this holiday season. Neat! [Globe]
- The Bruins used the Sens' miscues against them on Wednesday. Can they do it again against the Flyers Saturday?[FF Times]
- Are hockey fights overrated as "game changers?" [Gazette]
- Chris Pronger's diagnosis is a sad one. [Philly Burbs]
- Is the Winter Classic getting boring? [Canada.com]
- The BCHL is focused more on getting their players to college, not the NHL. [Sun]
- The Canucks lost to the Hurricanes. LOL. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Louis Leblanc scored his first NHL goal last night and promptly got benched. Jacques Martin is trolling everyone. [PHT]