With that 2-1 overtime victory last night, the Bruins are now second in the NHL. Remember when they were second to last on Halloween? Well, maybe let's just forget about that.
All that matters is the Bruins are doing well right now on their nine day road trip (which is only three games, but that's what Tyler Seguin's twitter said). If you're all about looking at fomer Bruins on their new teams without actually following that team more than when they play the Bruins, you are in luck! The next game on the road trip is the Dallas Stars where Michael Ryder has made his new home.
After the jump, a few Bruins being named "man of the year" where they are from, trivia and people actually do win money on the Bruins scratch tickets.
- Seriously, just watch Adam McQuaid's fight again. [Boston Herald]
- And then learn all the words to Jack Edwards' "12 Days of Christmas." [Youtube]
- Brad Marchand winning the Cup found him a spot in Nova Scotia's top sports moments for the year. [The Chronicle Herald]
- Just as well, McQuaid earned himself the title of CBC's Prince Edward Island Newsmaker of the year. [CBC]
- Continuing on that pattern, prospect Dougie Hamilton is St. Catharine's male athlete of the year. [St. Catharine's Standard]
- A woman in Beverly (You know how bad I want to spell that like Peverely but with a "B?") won $250,000 on a Bruins Stanley Cup scratch ticket! [Wicked Local]
- The Celtics are having a
fantasticterrible start to their season, could they be taking a backseat to the Bruins? [The Hub]
- Four time Olympian Angela Ruggiero is retiring from ice hockey. She is amazing. [New York Times]
- Apparently this past year has been the 12 greatest months in hockey for New Foundland with Ryder's crazy year as one of the top mentions. [The Packet]
- You know what else happened in the last 12 months too? Those riots when the Bruins won and a 17-year old is one of the latest rioters to be charged. Too young to have his identity revealed but old enough to destroy things. [The Province]
- Fun hockey trivia from Sault Ste. Marie!! [Sault Ste. Marie This Week]
- Everyone is still so excited at getting an inside look at the NHL from "24/7." [Star Phoenix]
- Another cool TV special is about to come out and this time on the 1972 series between the Canadian All-Stars and the USSR National Team. Phil and Tony Esposito will add commentary as well as Vladislav Tretiak. [TV by the Numbers]