The Bruins are on Long Island trying to snap a 3-game losing streak and jumpstart their 6-game road trip with a win over the New York Islanders on Thursday night. The Islanders enter tonight's game on a 4-game win streak despite a long list of injuries to key players.
Islanders Leading Goal Scorer
The Islanders are hurting at the goalie position right now between Rick "Glass Joe" DiPietro going down with a broken bone in his face after being one-punched by Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Brent Johnson, Kevin Poulin's knee injury, and Evgeni Nabokov's refusal to play for the Islanders. Nathan Lawson and Al Montoya are the active goaltenders for the Islanders.
Boston Bruins Injuries
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
New York Islanders Injuries
- You have to respect the heart that the Islanders have shown lately. Sure, they took some liberties against the Penguins, but it was nice to see a team stick up of each other and battle through adversity.
- Rookie forward Michael Grabner is on fire for the Islanders. The 23-year-old Austrian winger has 9 goals in his last 5 games.
- Bruins newly-acquired center Chris Kelly is questionable for tonight due to visa issues.
- Patrice Bergeron was absent from practice on Wednesday. He was given a maintenance day by Claude Julien.
- Trevor Gillies of the Islanders is suspended for 9 games for his actions during a brawl-filled game against Pittsburgh last weekend.
- Between Rick DiPietro and Al Montoya, the Islanders have the market corner on great college goalies, who have had disappointing pro careers.
- The puck drops shortly after 7:00 PM ET. NESN and 98.5 The Sports Hub will carry the game locally.
- For more form The Island, head over to Lighthouse Hockey