The Bruins will be back in action tonight after a having the weekend off following a 4-2 win in Ottawa on Friday night. The Black & Gold are in Calgary to take a surging Flames team that is 11-1-2 over their last 14 games including a 4-0 win over the Montreal Canadiens in the Hertigage Classic on Sunday. The Bruins are looking to extend their two-game win-streak and stay undefeated on the road trip.
Bruins fans will finally get to see newly acquired forward Rich Peverley in action. The former Atlanta Thrasher reported to Bruins practice in Wilmington on Sunday wearing his new #49. Peverley has been lining up at left wing alongside Chris Kelly and Michael Ryder this week in practice.
Flames Leading Goal Scorer
Boston Bruins Injuries
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
Calgary Flames Injuries
- Tomas Kaberle stayed in Canada over the weekend to workout visa issues and personal business. He is meeting the team in Calgary.
- Rookie Steven Kampfer offered his #47 to new teammate Rich Peverley, who wore the number with Atlanta, but Peverley declined the rookie's offer and opted for #49.
- Calgary ranks 17th in the league in both the power play (17.4%) and penalty kill (81.5%).
- This is the first and only meeting of the season between Boston and Calgary.
- Calgary is averaging 4.60 goals for over their last 5 games.
- The Flames are in second place in the Northwest Division with a record of 31-22-8.
- The game starts at 9:00 PM ET and airs on NESN and 98.5 The Sports Hub.
- The Public Skate open thread gets started at 8:30 PM ET.
- For more on tonight's match-up head over to Matchsticks and Gasoline