If the Bruins want to prove that they are a legitimate contender this year, they need to prove that they can hang with the teams out West. Tonight's game against the Vancouver Canucks should be a big test for the B's, who enter the game on a a 3-game win streak after road wins over the New York Islanders, Ottawa Senators, and Calgary Flames. Vancouver is current the top team in the NHL and is running away with the Northwest Division. Their 87 points is 15 points better than the Minnesota Wild, who sit in second place in the division with 72 points.
Canucks Leading Goal Scorers
Boston Bruins Injuries
Vancouver Canucks Injuries
Defenseman Kevin Bieksa is also out with a fractured foot.
- As you can see, the Canucks are a bit banged up on the blueline.
- The Bruins made a pair of moves today. They signed Shane Hnidy to a one-year deal today. Hnidy is still rehabbing from a shoulder injury and has not played this season. The B's also signed Providence Bruins forward Kirk MacDonald to a two-way contract. MacDonald will remain in Providence, but is now available for call-uos.
- Brad Marchand left practice yesterday after taking a shot off of his right foot, but is expected to play tonight.
- Tim Thomas is expected to get the start in goal tonight.
- Milan Lucic will likely have more than a few friends and a family in the stands in his hometown tonight.
- Roberto Luongo and back-up Cory Scheinder (Marblehead, MA; Boston College) have identical an identical GAA (2.27) and save percentage (.924)...weird.
- Tonight's game starts at 10:00 PM ET.
- The Public Skate open thread gets started at 9:30 PM ET.
- For more on the Canucks and tonight's game, check out Nucks Misconduct