After grinding out a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night, the Bruins are in Edmonton tonight to take on the Edmonton Oilers. The Bruins are undefeated so far on the road trip with wins over the New York Islanders, Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames, and Vancouver Canucks. The Oilers are in last place in the Western Conference with just 48 points (20-34-8) and are one of the few teams out West that are essentially out of playoff contention.
Oilers Leading Scorers
*Khabibulin is out with an Eye Infection
Boston Bruins Injuries
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
- This is the first and only meeting of the season between the Bruins and Oilers.
- The Oilers have won 4 of their last 6 games, but are coming off of a 5-0 shutout loss to the St. Louis Blues on Friday night.
- The Bruins will not hold a morning skate today, so will have to wait until game time to find out tonight's starter and line combos.
- Some, including the Edmonton Sun are billing this game as "Taylor versus Tyler".
- There is no word on the severity of Andrew Ference's lower body injury, which forced the blue liner to leave Saturday night's 3-1 win over Vancouver.
- Edmonton is 29th in the league in goals against per game (3.24) and 27th in goals for per game (2.50).
- Edmonton has the league's worst special teams play. They are last in both the power play (13.0%) and penalty kill (75.6%).
- Edmonton has also struggled in the face-off circle this year. The Oilers have won just 44.4% of draws (29th in NHL).
- Tonight's games gets underway shortly after 8:00 PM ET (NESN, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub).
- The Public Skate Open Thread starts at 7:30 PM ET.
- The Copper & Blue is your source for info on the Edmonton Oilers.