The Bruins did not have too much time to dwell on yesterday's 1-0 loss to the New York Rangers. Right after the game, the B's were off to Philadelphia, where they will face the Eastern Conference-leading Philadelphia Flyers tonight at the Wells Fargo Center. With a win, the Bruins can punch their ticket to the playoffs.
This is the last of four meetings between the Bruins and Flyers this season. The B's have come away with at least a point in each of the first three match-ups (2-0-1). The Bruins outgunned the Flyers 7-5 the last time they met back on January 13th in Boston.
Boston Bruins Injuries
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
- The Flyers have gone to a shootout in 4 of their last 5 games (2-0-3).
- The Bruins did not hold a morning skate today.
- Rhode Island native Brian Boucher is rumored to be getting the start in goal for the Flyers.
- The Bruins shutout the Flyers 3-0 on December 1st in their only trip to Broad Street this season. Tim Thomas stopped 41 shots to record the shutout.
- The game gets started shortly after 7:00 PM ET (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub).
- The Public Skate open thread gates open at 6:30 PM ET.
- I hate the Flyers, but I have admit these shirts are pretty bad ass.
- Broad Street Hockey has more on tonight's game and the Philadelphia Flyers.
"You have to approach the game like a playoff game. Have the right mindset, getting pucks deep, sticking to the program. Play a simple game, and most of the time that’s most effective."
Dennis Siedenberg on tonight's game
"Philadelphia is obviously the top of the conference [it is a] so big game"