After a 3-2 overtime loss to an injury-plagued Pittsburgh Penguins team on Saturday night, the Bruins will try to bounce back tonight against their Northeast Division rivals, the Montreal Canadiens. The B's enter tonight's game 5 points up on the Habs in the standings.
Canadiens Leading Goal Scorer
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
- Patrice Bergeron is back with the team after being excused from Saturday's game after the death of his grandmother.
- Mark Recchi was granted a personal day on Monday, but is expect to be in Montreal for tonight's game.
- Steven Kampfer and Andrew Ference did not make the trip to Montreal.
- The Bruins and Canadiens have met four times this season. The B's have a 1-2-1 record against the Habs. The teams last met back on February 9th in a wild 8-6 win for the Bruins.
- The Habs have pretty solid special teams play. They rank 8th in power play (19.9%) and 7th in penalty kill (83.8%).
- I wonder how many articles will be written up North in the next few days about how the Bruins are a bunch of goons and a disgrace to hockey?
- I wonder how the Habs' decision to burn out Carey Price during the regular season will pan out in the playoffs?
- Tonight's game starts at 7:30 PM ET (NESN, RDS, 98.5 The Sports Hub).
- The Public Skate open thread gets going at 7:00 PM ET.
- For more on tonight's game and the Habs, check out Habs Eyes On The Prize..."Home of 24 Stanley Cups and poorly-researched articles on Boston radio"