After dropping Game 1 2-0 to the Montreal Canadiens, the Bruins will be back on the ice at TD Garden looking to knot up the series at 1-1 before heading up north for Games 3 and 4. The big questions heading into tonight's game is "Will Zdeno Chara play?". The Bruins have confirmed a report by Steve Conroy of The Boston Herald that the Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara was hospitalized on Friday night due to dehydration.
While Chara's status for Game 2 is unknown, Bruins Head Coach Claude Julien and Chara's teammates expect to see him in the lineup. When asked about Chara's status this morning, Julien responded by saying "He got treated for a little bit of dehydration. And that’s basically all there is to that. Until our medical staff tells me he can’t go, he’s in tonight". Julien would not dislosed if Chara was stayed overnight at a hospital or if he was treated and released last night.
"I’m no MD, so I’m not going to be like Mark Recchi and diagnose the other team."
- David Krejci is confident that his team can bounce back and win Game 2, saying "Obviously, we want to win. We have to win. And we will win. We don’t want to go Montreal with a 2-0 [deficit]. That would be tough. But I’m very confident in our team". The proclamation earned Krejci the nickname "Causeway Krejci" from Matt Kalman of The Bruins Blog
- If Chara played for the Habs, I'm sure the reports would be "He was dead on arrival, revived, and is considered probable for tonight's game.
- The Bruins need to come out strong tonight and show half the muscle and physicality that our buddy Joe Haggerty showed shoving an obnoxious Habs fan out of frame during a live shoot for CSNNE after Thursday night game.
- When ask if there was any pressure heading into tonight's game, Shawn Thornton was able to put things into perspective well:
"Pressure? Pressure is 5 kids and no job"
- If Zdeno Chara doesn't play tonight, I think I may become dehydrated because the thought of Sheriff Shane Hnidy patrolling the blue line in place of Chara scares the piss out of me.
- The Bruins have to do a better job of creating traffic in front of Carey Price. The Habs goalie was getting a very good look at the puck on Thursday night.
- The power play needs to get a little more creative than Tomas Kaberle faking a shot and passing to the point for a point shot with no one in Spoked-B sweater in front.
- Tonight's game starts at 7:00 PM ET and will air on NESN in New England markets and Versus outside of the home market. CBC and RDS will have the game for B's fans up north.
- Public Skate open thread starts at 6:30 PM ET.