After a thrilling 5-4 overtime win in Game 4 to even the series at 2-2, the Bruins are back in Boston to face the Montreal Canadiens in Game 5. The Bruins will try to buck the tread in this series and become the first home team to win a game.
- Do not expect any changes in the lineup tonight for either team.
- Andrew Ference was fined $2,500 by the NHL for his one-finger salute to the Bell Centre crowd on Thursday night after scoring a goal. Ference claims it was "an unintentional bird". I don't think anyone is buying that. I think someone flipped him off first or chirped at him and reacted based on pure emotion. The folks in Montreal are all overreacting acting like he slaughtered a puppy at center ice and set the Canadian flag on fire, but in the grand scheme of things it was a minor offense. Let's be honest, even The Pope would probably flip off Habs fans.
- The Bruins held a full morning skate today. Mark Recchi was given the morning off to get some rest. He will play tonight.
- I think we might see a few "unintentional birds" in the crowd tonight at TD Garden.
- Toucher and Rich present "The Jack Edwards Alarm Clock".
- Joe Haggerty thinks that Ference's fire is a good thing.
- Something tells me that these "Ference Foundation" t-shirts from Barstool Sports are going to be big sellers.
- No matter what happens tonight, one thing is certain, Habs fans will complain about officiating.
- The Bruins are the only playoff team not to score a power play goal. The B's are 0 for 12 with the man advantage.
- Tonight's game starts shortly after 7:00 PM ET.
- The Public Skate open thread gets going right here at 6:30 PM ET.
- For more on tonight's game and a funny story about Tim Thomas' first shitbox car check out Habs Eyes On The Prize