On the surface this game seems meaningless to both teams. The Bruins chances of moving up into one of the top two playoffs spots in the East are slim and the Islanders have been out of playoff contention since the snow first started falling on Long Island. However, both teams would like to finish the regular season strong. The B's would like to carry some late season momentum into the playoffs, while the Islanders would like to score a moral victory by splitting the season series with the Bruins. The Bruins and Islanders have met three times this season, with the Bruins holding a 2-1-0 edge over the Isles. The Islanders took the last contest 4-2 on the Island back on March 11th.
- The Islanders are dealing with a lot of injuries right now, especially on the blue line.
- The Bruins and Islanders have averaged a combined 7.33 goals in three games this season. Tonight's over/under is set at 5.5 goals.
- The Islanders have shut down former Bruins blue liner Milan Jurcina for the remainder of the season due to a hip injury.
- The Islanders average 3.10 goals against per game (27th in NHL).
- Tonight's game starts at 7:00 PM ET. Public Skate open thread starts at 6:30 PM ET.
- NESN and 98.5 FM The Sports Hub will carry the game locally.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Lighthouse Hockey