Tim Thomas held down the fort with 31 saves to record his first shutout of the playoffs as the Bruins took Game 3 from the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-0 at St. Pete Times Forum. With the win, the B's went up 2-1 in the best of seven Eastern Conference Finals.
The Bruins opening the scoring just 1:09 into the game. Milan Lucic's pass from the right wing corner found Krejci all alone at the top of crease. Krejci settled the puck, got Dwayne Roloson to drop to the ice and flail around like an epileptic kid staring at a strobe light before easily putting a backhander into the back of the net for his 7th goal of the playoffs.
The Bruins extended their lead to 2-0 at 8:12 of the third period. Andrew Ference's shot made its way through the pads of Dwayne Roloson and trickled over the goal line with Chris Kelly providing a great screen in front of Roloson. The insurance marker gave the Bruins some breathing room as they hung on for the 2-0 win.
- Patrice Bergeron was back in the lineup after missing the first two games of the Eastern Conference Finals with a concussion. Bergeron led Bruins forwards in ice time with 19:33 in his first game back.
- The Lightning out-shot the Bruins 31-25.
- Tyler Seguin was originally created with the Bruins' second goal, but it was clear that he never tipped the shot and the official scorer changed the scoring to Andrew Ference's goal.
- David Krejci looked very good in the face-off circle tonight. He won 13 of 18 draws.
- Game 4 is Saturday afternoon at 1:30 PM ET in Tampa. The game will air on NBC.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Raw Charge