Wells Fargo Center
Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
- Chris Pronger did not participate in the Flyer's morning skate today. Some reports out of Philly have Pronger with a case of the sniffles, while other reports have him dealing with back pain. Either way, he is expected to play tonight.
- Claude Julien said after the morning skate that he does not expect any lineup changes for the Bruins from what we saw in Game 1.
- Some confused historians from Philadelphia staged a Philadelphia Tea Party in support of the Flyers by dumping "Boston tea" in the Delaware River. I don't even know where to start with this one.
- Broad Street Hockey has changed it's tag line to "Two* Goalies, One Cup". I guess "3 or 4 mediocre puckstoppers, One Round" doesn't have the same cache or disturbing imagery.
- Instead of practice yesterday, the Flyers went through a video session watching tape of Game 1. Much like the video referenced in Broad Street Hockey's tag line, that is one disturbing video you can not unsee.
"No results. That’s one thing, but I thought there were a few things better. And hopefully it continues to get that way. But it’s just, we just need it going and I know right now, when your power play isn’t going your PK has to be really good. And it has been. And it’s unfortunate that goal late in the game, but I thought our penalty kill has done a decent job and has really survived a lack of scoring from our power play. But you hope that it’s going to come, and I have a feeling it will. Hopefully sooner than later."
Claude Julien after yesterday's practice when asked about his team's struggling power play
"Asked 1 of my buddies to send email to Obama because I hear he's good at finding things. Hopefully he can help us find a PP goal"