The Bruins will try to punch their ticket to the Stanley Cup Finals tonight for the first time since 1990. With the series knotted up at 3-3, it all comes down to one game.
The Bruins went through a full morning skate today at TD Garden with every player on the ice except Mark Recchi. The 43-year-old winger has been skipping out on the morning skate throughout the playoffs to conserve energy. One interesting note from today's skate was that Zdeno Chara was seen at the end of the skate stationed in front of the net practicing tip-ins, which could indicate that we may see the big guy at the top of the crease on the power play tonight.
Notes & Quotes:
"We’ve got a Game 7, it’s at home, and we’re one game away from going to the Stanley Cup Finals, and the opportunity’s in front of us. So, why shouldn’t we be excited? This is what playoffs is all about."
"Timmy has been really good at bouncing back and playing solid for us. Our team has been really resilient that way, and we don’t expect anything different from our guys [in Game 7]."
"It’s a huge game, that’s for sure. I mean obviously we know what’s at stake, and we can’t wait."
"There’s 27 teams right now that would love to have the opportunity that we have in the playoffs right now. This is one of those days where I think if you don’t enjoy the moment, you’re wasting a pretty precious day. And you take advantage of it today, you get ready, you get excited about it, you come out tonight and you leave it all out there on the ice. Simple as that. Anything less than that is a waste of a day."
Claude Julien on having Chara in front of the net on the power play:
"Well it’s only an advantage if we get pucks to the net. I think that’s the bottom line here. If you’re going to put him in front, you might as well get some pucks to the net and find ways to do that. So that’s part of our process here, to move the puck around and create some shots."
- Puck drop is shortly after 8:00 PM ET.
- The Public Skate open gets going at 7:30.
- Claude Julien would not answer questions about Johnny Boychuk's recent play today , saying "I think our team needs to be positive and we believe in everybody in our hockey club. So we’re going to stick with that motto for today."
- Mark Recchi admits that he hasn't been very good in this series, but plans "lay it out on the line" tonight in Game 7.
- If you are looking for last minute tickets to tonight's game, TiqIQ has you covered.
- Toucher & Rich present the Bruins/Miracle Montage to get you fired up for tonight's game.
- Bruins are 5-3 in elimination games under Claude Julien.
- Fluto Shinzawa looks at how crucial face-offs will be in Game 7.
- Most books have the Bruins as -150 favorites tonight.
- Will the Bruins finally a get "a trophy, a big one" tonight?
- A refreshing post from Raw Charge calling out the fans that threw noisemakers onto the ice at the end of Game 6.
OK, enough talk. Let's drop the puck for Game 7!