It's been 33 days since the Bruins were crowned Stanley Cup Champs. Relatedly, captain Zdeno Chara will have his day with the Cup on Friday of this week. Nice. Despite an airport mishap the players' days with the Cup are underway, with a slight detour for tonight's DVD festivities; the Cup will do a European loop next.
After the jump, a little Link Chowdah for you on this lovely July Monday.
- All signs point to another deep playoff run next year. All the Bruins need to do is sign Brad Marchand. [Telegram & Gazette]
- The Stanley Cup DVD comes out today. Sweet, now we can watch condensed versions of the awesomeness instead of sitting through NHL Network reruns of EVERY playoff game, including the crappy ones. [Herald]
- Nathan Horton's day with the Cup got cut short. But whose fault was it really? [WEEI]
- Yes, folks, it's sad but true...Kathryn tappen is definitely leaving NESN. [Projo]
- A final FINAL roundup of Development camp, a few days removed. [The Hockey Writers]
- Tommy Lee saved the Rangers' Brad Richards from a twitter hack. Talk about good luck. [Puck Daddy]
- According to Capitals' owner Ted Leonsis, the Caps in their current iteration have about a 10-15 year window of opportunity to win the Cup with the current group of players. [Post]
- The Blackhawks signed Sami Lepisto and Michael Frolik, then held their annual convention this weekend. [ESPN]
- Thrashers fans who paid for season tickets are getting the shaft from the Atlanta Spirit group. [PHT]
- Joe Sakic hit a hole in one on the golf course this weekend. Flawless. [USA Today]
- It only took 13 months, but the Panthers finally signed 3rd-overall pick from 2009 Erik Gudbranson. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Fun Fact: Junior Hockey players are real humans who work crappy summer jobs, too! [Buzzing the Net]
Non-hockey link of the day:
This site is awesome if you're planning a random vacation or road trip. [Plnnr]