If you get the Monty Python joke in the title, you are instantly my new favorite.
Happy Monday. Today, I'm going to tell you about my first world problems. You know what's not fun? When your office cranks the A/C waaaay up over the weekend to compensate for eleventy-billion degree temps, and then the temperature outside drops to like 70. Then it's 50 degrees in your office, and if you're me, you wore a skirt and short sleeves in anticipation of the office still being icky warm. THAT DID NOT WORK.
Anyways, my problems aside, here's some links. The Stanley Cup is headed back to this side of the Atlantic, having survived the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Finland. Other than that, it was a really slow hockey weekend.
- Tyler Seguin talks about being a Cup champion as a teenager. And the alcohol jokes flowed. [TSN]
- Mark Recchi, despite being retired, doesn't plan to slow down anytime soon. [Globe]
- NESN has video of Zdeno Chara getting knighted. [NESN]
- NHL.com is way better and has video of Chara eating rice cake out of the Cup, along with some other shenanigans like arm-wrestling, playing the drums, etc. Our captain is a versatile captain. [NHL]
- Heeeeeeeere's Johnny. [Sun]
- Better late than never; Bish talks to Nathan Horton about his Cup day. [Bruins]
- Unless you can read Finnish and can actually enjoy whatever this article says, here's a link to a bunch of pictures of Tuukka Rask's day with the Cup. [Iitalehti]
- Josh Gorges signs a one-year deal with the Canadiens. Fact: I was in Montreal when this happened. Not only was there no rioting, but Habs fans were pretty evenly split on this deal. In my opinion, it's a good bridge-year deal along the lines of what Blake Wheeler was given last year, or what TJ Oshie was given this year. Gorges was hurt for much of the season, and this gives him a year to prove that he's worth a longer contract, while avoiding arbitration [Gazette]
- Which goaltenders are under the most pressure to perform next season? [PHT]
- Columbus is confident that Vinny Prospal will be a good replacement for Kristian Huselius on the blueline. [Dispatch]
- Justin Bourne talks about getting paid as a hockey player. [Puck Daddy]
- So now Alexei Yashin might be back in the NHL, too. Hmm. [TSN]
- Don Cherry approves of the new Jets logo. He gives it 'two enthusiastic thumbs up' but only on the condition that good ol' Canadian boys be the ones wearing it. [Sun]
Non-hockey link of the Day:
Alex Morgan continues to be ridiculous after the USA's world cup run. Even if you don't like soccer, check out this goal. It's clownshoes.