Kampfer and Marchand
As the last weekend in August is upon us, there is still no Marchand deal. I'd insert a joke about him being too drunk, not able to find his shirt but I'd rather make fun of the flashy rims he has on his car. P.S., did you know that he has the same agent as Phil Kessel when all that happened?
After the jump, there is actually quite a bit to read about!
Also, the non-hockey link is the greatest thing you will ever watch in your entire life.
- Marchand's agent Wade Arnott is saying that a deal is "no sure thing" before camp starts. [NECN]
- Yesterday was Steven Kampfer's day with the cup and he took it on a fabulous tour of Michigan, including, of course, the University of Michigan. [Jackson Citizen Patriot]
- Could the Bruins be the first team to be repeat champions since the Detroit Red Wings in 1998? [NESN]
- Corvo has his work cut out for him in replacing Kaberle. [WEEI]
- Segnasty has been training at BioSteel camp for the upcoming season. [Brampton Guardian]
- Yury Alexandrov, who spent all of last season in Providence, is headed to Russia to play next season. [Sport.ru]
- Logan Couture signed a 2-year, $5.75 M contract extension. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- Imagine if Sidney Crosby were on the Edmonton Oilers. NHL.com did a whole "redrafting" of players. [NHL]
- Speaking of the Oilers, Taylor Hall says the playoffs are a "realistic goal" for his team. [Edmonton Sun]
- The HSBC Arena is now the First Niagra Center. [Wall Street Journal]
- Is only game, but Ilya Bryzgalov hopes he can help the Phildelphia Flyers win a Stanley Cup. [USA Today]
- Schools all over the place are accepting invitations to join the WCHA, including Ferris State in Michigan. [Ferris State Athletics]
- "Rock You Like a Hurricane" set to doppler radars? Yes. This is GREAT. [Youtube]