So Brad Marchand will be sitting for five games, now. Lame, but it makes sense from a few standpoints. While our own Doug Watson made some cases against the suspension in this really well thought out post on whether this suspension hurts the league, from a player standpoint it hurts.
The Bruins have a contingency plan in place with Marchand out, for sure. That showed against Calgary. Now Marchand will feel the heat, sitting for five games without redemption after his major penalty lead directly to a loss. Not only that, but the five games he will miss include the southeast swing down to Florida. Marchy, you just ruined your chance to get some winter tanning and beach-going in. That's GOT to ruin his day.
After the jump, Marchand writes in his diary, other guys get suspended, Tebowmania has taken the NHL by storm, and more...
- Brad Marchand addresses all of yesterday's shenanigans and more in his diary blog. [ESPN]
- Despite this, the Bruins don't intend to change their playing style at all. [ESPN]
- Blake Wheeler returns to Boston again as a key player for the Winnipeg Jets. [Canoe]
- One thing to watch tonight -- the Jets tend to get in penalty trouble a lot. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- Prospect and P-Bruins' forward Tyler Randell was returned to Juniors to get more experience. [The Record]
- The Bruins' Marchand-less contingency plan works pretty well, luckily. Yay depth! [Herald News]
- Zdeno Chara is among those lending support to injured Minnesota hockey player Jack Jablonski. [NESN]
- Bergeron is getting Selke recognition? Where is the apocalypse, it's gotta be coming now, right? [NHL]
- As shown in this cartoon, Buffalo fans aren't too pleased with Ryan Miller these days. [Buffalo News]
- The Kings' Jack Johnson Tebowed last night. Caps defenseman Karl Alzner was unamused. [Times]
- Jaroslav Halak, 2010 Habs playoff hero, is making his return to Montreal tonight with the Blues. [Sun]
- Blue Jackets players were actually shocked when Scott Arniel got fired recently. But...how? [Blue Jackets Extra]
- The Ducks' J.F. Jacques was suspended too, yesterday. Busy Shanahan is busy. [Puck Daddy]