There's a metaphor for this Bruins' trip to Florida in here somewhere; a metaphor about roadtrips. Sometimes they go well; sometimes you're stuck in the back seat with the kid who farts all the time. Sometimes your dad threatens to turn the car around because you're squabbling with your siblings too much. Last year's western Canada road trip is the equivalent of the awesome spring break roadie you took with your best friends where nothing went wrong.
Not this one. This is the trip where you accidentally found a cool hotel but it doesn't matter because everything else is kind of dull and annoying -- and oh, you left two of the people who were originally supposed to go at home. The Bruins stumbled into the two points they earned on this two-game trip, and just barely at that. Is it a measurement of how the team plays without Brad Marchand and Rich Peverley? Do those two guys really elevate this team's game beyond ordinary and into spectacular territory?
After the jump, the Bruins take the Cup to Cape Canaveral, Jonas Hiller is underrated, Ken Hitchcock isn't satisfied with his first place team, and PANCAKES!!...
- Claude Julien was displeased, calling the Bruins "just an ordinary hockey club." Oh Claude, I love that you have such high standards. A+. [NESN]
- The Bruins' alumni game in PEI culminated in an awards ceremony for one former Bruin. [Journal Pioneer]
- It's the White House for the Bruins on Monday. After watchiing all the coverage of the Cardinals' visit yesterday, I am EXCITED for this. [PHT]
- Ilya Kovalchuk is out for revenge against the Bruins Thursday. Oooooh scary. [NJ.com]
- Jeremy Jacobs brought the Cup to Cape Canaveral yesterday! AWESOME. [Florida Today]
- Rumor had it that the next Winter Classic would be Leafs-Red Wings at the Big House. But, there are significant problems with that. [Canoe]
- Taylor Hall took a skate to the face in warmups yesterday. Oh noes! [PHT]
- Anders Lindback may have lost to the Rangers last night, but he relished getting to play against his idol Henrik Lundqvist. [Tennessean]
- Bruce Boudreau is learning about the east coast bias that exists; he claims his goalie is way underrated. [OC Register]
- Ken Hitchcock wants the Blues to find another gear post-All Star Game. [STL Today]
- Dustin Penner autographed a box of pancakes yesterday. Ha. [Puck Daddy]