Today's the day - the most overhyped, ridiculous popularity contest in the NHL gets underway with the NHL All-Star Draft. I can't embed this video, but here's hoping the Canadian TV show This Hour Has 22 Minutes gets a hold of some all-stars again this year. Hilarious. Any time Zdeno Chara gets to talk about eating babies, you know he's got to be having a good day.
After the links, Montreal won a game in ridiculous fashion last night; Grantland talks Zdeno Chara; and who will be in Phil Kessel's shoes this year?
- The Bruins seem to have good position at the All-Star Break, with just a few issues to correct going forward. [ESPN]
- Specifically, they need to fix the defense. [Mass Live]
- Mark Recchi is going to coach Team Orr in the CHL prospects game! [Buzzing the Net]
- Remember that Lightning mascot that silly stringed a Bruins fan? Fired. Ba-zing! [Tampa Bay]
- Do you live in/near Lowell? Go meet some Bruins at a UML game. Just go. [Lowell]
- Ray Bourque and some other Bruins will be playing in the Oldtimer Hockey Challenge in Kingston this week. [Kingston]
- Ladies, want a bag made out of newspapers from the Bruins championship? Look no further. [Globe]
- "Can Zdeno Chara just start reciting lines from Rocky IV?" [Grantland]
- Oh look, a fantasy draft before tonight's fantasy draft. [PHT]
- Matt Hendricks' ear almost fell off the other day. [Dump N' Chase]
- Mike Babcock needs a drink after the Red Wings loss last night. They could have solidified their position in the hard-fought Central division with a win over the lowly Canadiens. Whoops. [PHT]
- John-Michael Liles signed an extension with the Maple Leafs yesterday. [The Star]
- Nicklas Lidstrom had the flu last night, ending his streak of NHL games played at 213. [ESPN]