Though the Bruins lost, I thought yesterday's game was one of the best I've seen in a while. The intensity level was up there with a Montreal game, and adding in the talent of the two teams it was really an amazing game. I think the NHL messed up by not having that game on NBC Sports, if they could have done that.
Losing that game sucked, but in hindsight it really only is one game out of 82. If the Bruins see the Canucks again this season, I think we'll all be really, really happy about it. And hey, if that does happen, Luongo gets to fall apart again at the Garden. I still don't get the decision not to play him yesterday.
After the jump, reactions to yesterday's game, Danny Briere goes into "Rocky" mode, and Montreal keeps looking stupid.
- Yesterday's game lived up to expectations and probably exceeded them for most, despite the loss. Some pretty strong anti-Canuck stuff from Shaughnessy here. [Globe]
- Fluto with a really good recap of the game, including some good quotes. [Globe]
- Joe McDonald feels the fans were the big winners yesterday. He also notes that a suspension for Brad Marchand is unlikely, which is nice to hear. [ESPN]
- An opposite take on the Marchand hit. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Claude Julien defended Marchand and Milan Lucic after the game. He saw Marchand's "clip" as self-defense. [ESPN]
- Please let these teams meet again this year. [WEEI]
- Full video of the line brawl and the photo which clearly shows Lucic in the midst of a line change, and an explanation of why Lucic's game misconduct was rescinded. [Puck Daddy]
- Shane Doan beat the buzzer last night for his first career hat trick, which is incredible to think about. You'd think he would have a few by now. [Puck Daddy]
- The NHL realignment plan is dead, in what could be a precursor to another labor struggle. [TSN]
- Jarome Iginla got his 500th goal last night in Calgary. [TSN]
- Danny Briere fights Kyle Turris (yes, you read that right) in what was actually a pretty decent bout. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- There was a protest outside of the Bell Centre last night during the Montreal-Tampa Bay game over the hiring of unilingual coach Randy Cunneyworth. This is getting ridiculous. Does Cunneyworth really not know "bonjour?" Montreal won, so Cunneyworth can call that one a win.
- Wacky goal by Jason Demers of the Sharks last night. [NHL]