Jim Rogash - Getty Images
So last night in the Swiss League, Patrice Bergeron scored two goals and assisted on two more in Lugano's 7-3 win. Apparently it's the biggest win Lugano's ever had. Please see also: wow, the Swiss league is bad.
Tyler Seguin's EHC Biel will take on Bergeron's HC Lugano on Saturday, Oct. 20. Should be sort of fun, I guess.
- Dougie Hamilton's team's power play is B-A-D BAD. Well, at least he's ready for the Bruins? [St Catherines Standard]
- Rich Peverley talks about playing for JYP. [YLE.fi]
- Alex Ovechkin vs. Zdeno Chara was duller than we all hoped, eh? [NYTimes]
- The Tigers basically folded to HC Lugano yesterday. [Bernerzeitung]
- P-Bruins goaltender Michael Hutchinson had surgery on both his hips this offseason and is recovering pretty well. [Projo]
- Neil Greenberg ranked Brad Marchand higher than Tyler Seguin and Milan Lucic on his Top 25 under 25 list. Check it out. [NESN]
- Andrew Bodnarchuk is now playing for the Monarchs, after several years with the P-Bruins. Each team has their home opener against each other. That'll be awkward. [Union-Leader]
- The NHL brass has not yet visited Ann Arbor. SO about that Winter Classic....[Freep]
- Brett MacLean, the Coyotes/Pirates player who went into cardiac arrest this summer while playing pickup hockey, unfortunately won't be returning to hockey. [Post]
- Here's a good piece on the NHL ownership and how off-balance it seems. [Globe and Mail]
- This is hilarious. After the Western Michigan's CCHA champs banner was stolen, the team captain took to twitter with a Liam Neeson-esque threat....and the banner came back! [Buzzing the Net]