Bruce Bennett - Getty Images
Since we've moved through the five stages of grief, and we've hit acceptance, let's talk about the actually-happening opening day near Boston - It's the PBruins' home opener! Come on down to the Dunk and watch Jordan Caron, Jared Knight, Ryan Spooner et al and enjoy yourself.
If you go, get some overpriced chicken fingers in my honor. They're pretty tasty.
- Yesterday was media day at the Dunk! Here's Bob Mand's thoughts. [THW]
- DJ Bean rehashes what we missed last night. [WEEI]
- Aaaand so does the Herald. [Herald]
- The IceDogs suffered their first home loss of the season last night, despite two assists from Dougie Hamilton. [Bullet news]
- The P-Bruins are all set for the opener tonight! [Patriot Ledger]
- Chris Bourque will wear the A for Providence, and Trent Whitfield will of course keep the C. Because he's awesome. [Projo]
- Bruce Cassidy is getting a kick out of coaching Ray Bourque's son. [Projo]
- Kyle Quincey and David Schlemko are going to play for CHL teams. Weird. [PHT]
- Wanna go watch some college hockey this weekend? Here's a preview of who's playing where in Hockey East. [WCHB]
- Have you heard about the Kings' Hammond nonsense? Apparently he was told to stop interviewing players during the lockout and ended up resigning over it. [JftC]
- If you want to read about the lockout, here is the storystream for you. [SBNation]
- Here's an AHL preview from the guys who will be watching the Sound Tigers this year. Ha. [SBNation]