NHL makes much needed proposal. 50-50 split in rev.More details will surface. Await NHLPA response.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 16, 2012
Need to see provision for year 1 salary protection. Initial player response: 1% increase. Still a 12-13% reduction in yr 1 (7/57= 12.2%).— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 16, 2012
NHL intends on calculating lost salary in getting to 50-50 and will pay the players back over time.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 16, 2012
John Shannon Reports:
- Free Agency would be at 28 and 8 years of service.
- Entry Level Contracts would be 4 years in Length
- Revenue sharing would be at or near 200 million dollars
- Contract Lengths would be 5 years.
- Arbitration would still exist
- The only core issue that remains intact from previous NHL offers is the length on contracts (on all new deals).
Okay so the NHL offered the NHLPA a deal. The NHL calls it "50/50" but that's also the players taking a 12.3% pay cut via escrow. It would also have a compressed regular season with 82 games. Players will talk about it during 5pm conference call. Updates as details come in.